Which direction would you move to get to your dream location?

12.11.2012

I'm back!

Just like the Terminator, the Backstreet Boys, and other horror film characters I know nothing about, I'm back.
The last post on this beauty of a blog was in June... of 2011. Oops.
I seriously contemplated just starting a new blog to see if anyone noticed, but that involves a new name and template and creativity that I don't have lots of now. Instead I'll just pick up where I left off and go from there.

A long time ago I moved to Ulysses. I had a crazy school year-lots of issues, lots of learning opportunities, lots of learning about the issues... Long story short, I survived!

Over a year later, we've created life-long friendships, moved up in our careers, found a church we love and that helps us grow, eaten more Mexican food than I'd ever thought possible, and actually gotten tired of Sonic. I never thought that last thing would happen.

Basically, we're happy! As I read my posts from during the moving process I see how much I was freakng out over nothing. But that's how it goes, right? We're worried about the next step, what's over the next hill or waiting for us around the corner.  This is my inspiration verse for the week:

“Look, I am about to do something new. Now it begins to happen!  Do you not recognize  it? Yes, I will make a road in the desert and paths  in the wilderness. (Isaiah 43:19 NET)

Now, I'm pretty much living in a desert, and its dry and flat out her. We have more cows than people, and without irrigation, we wouldn't even be able to feed them!
But, I'm not going to be worried about the valleys of life, or where this path leads. If He is creating it for me, then I'm taking it. Do we know what awaits us? Nope. Who knows what will happen at the end of the school year, or if Bonnie & I decide to "divorce?" He's got the path laid out and if there's anything Kansas can teach you, it's to follow the (yellow brick) road no matter what.

P.S.  Thanks to my neighbor for allowing the use of her wi-fi and to my school district for the use of the iPad. Without both, this blog would still be waiting for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment